Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I spy...a sweet 3 year old guy!

My baby is officially 3. Okay, okay, so he's really not a baby anymore and he often tells me that he's a "big boy". But really, he'll always be my baby. Enough with my digression...Porter loves the game "I Spy with My Little Eye". Based on that idea mixed with a detective/spy theme, I designed birthday invitations that were "Confidential" and "Top Secret". The custom-designed logo stated "I spy with my little eye...a sweet 3-year-old guy". Guests had to decode the invitations with glasses that were mailed to them. The back of the invitation had fun little "I Spy" statements to get guests excited about the party. The envelopes were even lined with the logo.

Front and back of invitation:
The envelope liner:

My photoshop version of the invitation showing how the invitation read once decoded (colors are a little off here but you get the idea):




































You can purchase the printable invitation here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/97951911/decoder-i-spy-birthday-invitation


The front door "welcome" sign:




The birthday boy wore a custom t-shirt with a mustache disguising his age "3" and his name Porter. You can purchase it from this amazing vendor: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NoPaparazziPlease?ref=seller_info

I created a Wanted poster using photos of all the lil guests who were coming to the party:


The bathroom sign:





 Pretzels shaped into a magnify glass (they also looked like a "P" for Porter).


The amazing (and delicious) chocolate cake by friend, Brandie Davis of More than Cakes:

Cake was completed with a red twizzler detonator:


I took photos of items in our backyard and created an "I Spy" scavenger hunt, complete with binoculars. The kids loved this part much more than I anticipated!



After the kids completed their mission, they received a spy package of mustaches, disguise glasses and magnify glass (all purchased at www.orientaltrading.com):






Since Porter's birthday is around Easter, we had to pass out the popular Cascarones (egg shells filled with confetti):
 I found a "3" sparkler for the cake that was perfect:

 Attempting to blow out the "candle":


 I had games and craft projects for the kids:



The photo booth, complete with mustache and hat props:




I like to do a guest book every year for Porter's birthday. This year I designed a monkey (we call our son, our lil monkey) holding "balloons". Guests used their thumbprint to create the balloons.
 





The thank you note (photo by Eric Hegwer Photography):
Invitation & stationery design by The Inviting Pear (http://www.theinvitingpear.com)

The Inviting Pear is a graphic design and stationery studio, specializing in custom, made-to-order wedding invitations & stationery, birth announcements, holiday cards, and corporate logos & branding.

Shop Printables at http://www.theinvitingpear.etsy.com
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/The-Inviting-Pear/194480436773




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 3:55 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Annie posted at 5:13 PM  
    Nice Work Shannon!! What a fun party you planned for sweet Porter!! :) It's very impressive all that you did! I will definitely call you up if I'm in need of throwing an awesome shin-dig!! :)

Post a Comment

« Home