Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Mountain Wedding Invitations on Wood Veneer

I'm incredibly lucky to do what I do and I'm so excited to be a part of my good friend, Michelle's wedding. Not only do I get to attend this fabulous Crested Butte, Colorado wedding but I also was hired to design the save the date, invitations and reception stationery.

It all started with a photo Michelle and Colin took on their phone (see below). Colin proposed to Michelle in Crested Butte so it was the perfect place for their wedding and the perfect inspiration for their printed pieces. I took the photo and created an illustration for the save the date postcard and then changed it up for the invitation to make it new for guests.

The wedding invitation suite is comprised of an invitation printed on aspen (perfect for Colorado!) wood veneer. The response postcard, welcome card and website tag are printed on brown paper bag cardstock. Because there will be a bike parade to the reception, I incorporated a tandem bike illustration on the website tag. The website tag dangled from the jute twine that was tied in a perfect little bow in the front with the enclosure cards tucked behind.

Many times I wish I could attend my client's weddings to see how everything turns out. This time I get to and I can't wait to celebrate the union of Michelle and Colin! Now onto the reception stationery designs...

Features: Aspen wood veneer, Neenah Desert Storm 130lb cardstock, jute twine, computer printed calligraphy, custom mountain illustration, response postcard


The Crested Butte photo that was the inspiration for the illustrations used:

Save the date (back of the postcard pictured on top)


Front of save the date postcard:
Back of save the date postcard: 

Invitation suite:



The enclosure cards:
Graphic design by The Inviting Pear (www.theinvitingpear.com)  

To see past designs, please visit http://www.theinvitingpear.blogspot.com  

The Inviting Pear is a graphic design and stationery studio, specializing in custom, made-to-order wedding invitations & stationery, birth announcements, holiday cards, and corporate logos & branding. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 10:23 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home