Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Wedding invitation books

The wedding invitation books are ready to be mailed! I'm so excited about these because I was able to mix a variety of printing processes to create a stunning book. I can't wait to hear the feedback from guests. Can you imagine receiving a book in the mail for a wedding???

Cortney at BZ Events contacted me in February to see if I could create a book that was a wedding invitation. Her client, Heather, is an avid reader so it would be a perfect fit. As soon as I heard that I could design a book, I was on board. To create a vintage feel, I had the inside pages letterpress printed in two colors on 100% cotton paper. The 8-page book included the wedding invitation, brunch invitation, custom drawn map, accommodations, things to do in Austin, and finally, a short description of the wedding party.

Mailed in a chocolate brown decorative box, the books were covered in a linen book cloth. The custom designed monogram I created was foil printed in chocolate brown on the cover. Each book was hand sewn.

Once the book is opened, the RSVP card peeks out of a chocolate brown sleeve, which is located on the lefthand side of the book. It appears to be a Library card and is "Due Back" on October 8th. Instead of stating the traditional "Names" on the RSVP card to get the guest's name, it stated "Book checked out to..." For the responses, it stated "Yes, we look forward to celebrating your happily ever after" and "No, we regret to miss out on this chapter of your lives". I had so much fun playing with these kinds of phrases!

This project was truly a labor of love, but it was worth every minute of the hard work we all put into it. Congratulations, Heather & Rob! I can't wait to get started on the designs for your wedding reception collateral.










Design by The Inviting Pear
Wedding Planner: Cortney, BZ Events

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 5:17 PM

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Heather posted at 2:40 PM  
    We love them!!!!! I've already had so many of my friends and family let me know how creative and beautiful they think they are. Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

« Home