Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Happy New Year!

Instead of mailing out holiday cards before Christmas this year, I decided to send out New Year's cards. That way my card wouldn't be lost in the holiday mail. I like to thank my vendors for their referrals and their support of my business throughout the year and a card sent in the mail is the perfect way. Isn't it nice to actually get something in the mail and not as an email?!

This year, I designed a secret message card. My message was hidden and could only be revealed with the decoder glasses that I included. The banner printed on the top of my card said "Reveal the magic of the season." By putting on the glasses, you can reveal the following: "The Inviting Pear's New Year's Resolution: To see more than you! Merry Everything. Happy 2012." The text was shaped as a Christmas tree and the design image included partridges in a pear tree...a fun play on my company's name, The Inviting Pear.

I hope all enjoyed receiving these in the mail. Everyone loves a little secret message and it's always fun to remember your childhood with decoder glasses, right?!

Happy New Year, everyone! I can't believe it's 2012 already.






This Photoshop file shows how the card looks once the glasses are worn and the message is "decoded". Of course, I couldn't completey recreate it but this gives you an idea.
Graphic Design by The Inviting Pear

The Inviting Pear is a graphic design and stationery studio, specializing in custom, made-to-order wedding invitations & stationery, birth announcements, holiday cards, and corporate logos & branding.

Shop Printables at http://www.theinvitingpear.etsy.com/
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/The-Inviting-Pear/194480436773
Visit Our Blog at http://www.theinvitingpear.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 9:15 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home