Monday, May 17, 2010

First Birthday Party!

To purchase invitation, please visit:



I can't resist posting my baby's first birthday party! We had so much fun planning and celebrating. I decided on a circus theme because we call Porter our "chunky monkey" and I had to incorporate monkeys in some way. I designed a vintage looking circus poster for his invitation (complete with a juggling monkey). I rolled up the invitation into a scroll and placed it into a mailing tube, which I customized by wrapping vintage circus paper around and affixing a kraft label for the mailing addresses.

On the day of the party, I used the same design to create food tent cards that announced "Popcorn, Get Your Popcorn" and "Get Your Fresh Squeezed Lemonade". I had a sign announcing the party on our door..."Welcome to the Greatest Show on Earth...Porter is one!". We served popcorn, corn dogs, mac n cheese, lemonade and a veggie pizza that was decorated to look like a clown (oh and Purple Haze beer, which is a play on Porter's name).  For added fun, we had a bouncy house, ring toss, clown noses, and "Welcome to the Carnival" banner (to put your face in for photo ops). The kiddos took home fun animal sunglasses and animal crackers (with a tag that said "Thanks for Monkeying Around with Porter!"). We had a blast, but more importantly, we were able to celebrate with family and friends. Happy birthday, Porter. I can't believe you're one already! 

Design by The Inviting Pear
Photography by Vanessa

The Inviting Pear is a graphic design and stationery studio, specializing in custom, made-to-order wedding invitations & stationery, birth announcements, holiday cards, and corporate logos & branding.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

Posted by invitingpear at 11:38 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home